Young Living essential oils are 100% pure, natural and potent. The process Young Living uses when planting, cultivating, harvesting, and distilling a batch of oil is crucial to retaining its vital compounds. Without the exact blend of naturally-occurring plant chemicals, an essential oil can lose its beneficial properties and fail to produce the desired effect.
Whether you are new to the concept of essential oils or you have tried them before, one thing you need to know is that all Young Living Oils are ‘therapeutic grade’ oils. It is referred to as YLTG™, and this certification of quality is one Young Living is very proud of.
YLTG™ means that every essential oil Young Living distils or sources has the optimal naturally-occurring blend of constituents to maximise the desired effect. Young Living is able to make this assertion because of its strict cultivation process that guarantees the optimal potency of every Young Living essential oil.
‘Seed to Seal’ – Young Living’s guarantee of purity
It starts with the plants
The making of essential oils is a complex process, and many factors determine the quality and potency of the end product. It starts with selecting the proper plant to cultivate, but also selecting where the plant is grown, the quality of soil in which the seed is planted, and even the time of day it’s harvested.
Young Living has extensive experience selecting the correct species of plant for desired oil potency, planting under optimal conditions, using ideal soil and natural methods to encourage growth, and knowing the precise time to harvest each crop. Only those plants that produce the most active and widest array of compounds make it to Young Living’s essential oils range.
The process continues in the extraction
Once the optimal soil, plant, cultivation, and harvesting conditions have been adhered to, the plants must be distilled properly in order to meet YLTG standards. This is a crucial step in maintaining the wonderful properties of essentials oils.
The process that is utilised to create YLTG oils is a gentle and proprietary technique that uses steam to extract the potent essential oils from all of our plants.
Young Living Oils closely monitors temperature, pressure, time, equipment and batch size throughout the entire distillation process, every time. This ensures that every product created is up to Young Living purity standards before being dispatched to customers.
Each oil must be pure
YLTG standards prohibit the acceptance of any diluted, cut or adulterated oils. Every product Young Living produces—essential oils, oil blends, nutritional supplements, or personal care—meets strict purity standards.
Every batch of essential oils is subjected to rigorous, state-of-the-art analysis at the Young Living chemistry lab. Using some of the most advanced equipment in the world, our scientists subject every batch of essential oils to Gas Chromatograph and Mass Spectrometer testing, and heavy metals analysis. Oils that exhibit even the slightest hint of possible adulteration or tampering are rejected.
The optimal potency for maximum benefit
Potency means that the naturally occurring compounds contained in each essential oil product are of the highest and most consistent bioactive levels. Without strict adherence to the YLTG standard in all phases of the essential oils production process, the final product would not have the necessary potency to create the desired effect.
Young Living exists because our products work.
Discover some of our Essential Oils
Ideal for cleansing minor cuts, burns and skin irritations with excellent antiseptic properties. The aroma calms the mind and body, and will leave you refreshed and relaxed.
- Minimise scar tissue when massaged into the area
- Calming when massaged onto the soles of feet or the back of the neck
- Relieves dry and chapped skin where applied
- Assists sleep with a drop on your pillow or with diffusion
- Diffusing also helps reduce allergic reaction to pollen and dust mites
Add to lemonade and favourite recipes for a unique and refreshing taste.
Ideal to assist digestion, healthy respiratory functions, it may reduce the effects of tension headaches and rejuvenate when you are feeling fatigued.
Topical applications: (dilute as necessary)
- Rubbing a drop on temples, sinuses and on the back of the neck can relieve scalp tightness. Make sure that the oil does not come into contact with your eyes.
- Applying to the neck and shoulders when you are feeling tired may boost your energy levels.
- Use in a diffuser to help boost your energy and clear your mind.
- Inhale before a gym session to lift mood and help combat fatigue.
Add to herbal tea to help with digestion and add flavour.
This is a truly unique oil blend that was inspired by thieves from France in the 14th century who used cloves, rosemary and other fragrances to stay healthy while robbing victims of the plague.
The Young Living Thieves is a signature blend, and one that I adore, containing clove, cinnamon, rosemary, lemon, and Eucalyptus radiata with antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral and purifying properties.
- 2-3 drops may be added to a gelatine capsule to boost the body’s immune system.
- A drop placed on the tongue or added to a small piece of bread will get rid of unpleasant breath.
- Add to a diffuser to reduce both bacteria (it kills mould spores) and unpleasant odours in the house or office.
- Add to a cotton ball and put into areas like handbags, cars or drawers.
4-5 drops can be added to the dishwater – it is great to give the dishes a good clean whilst getting rid of bacteria and odours.
The Thieves blend is so powerful that a full range of household and personal care products has been created with it.
This oil promotes healthy skin. It is a calming, earthy aromatic to boost spirituality and your inner strength.
- 1-2 drops can be applied to both the face and neck to repair damage from the sun, invigorate skin and reduce the incidence of acne or other breakouts.
- When used on small cuts and abrasions, Frankincense eases discomfort and inflammation.
- To reduce stress, gently massage a drop or two into your temples or the back of your neck.
- When diffused into the air, Frankincense creates the ideal atmosphere for meditation or prayer.
- Diffuse or inhale directly from the bottle to reduce stress.
D-limonene is a powerful antioxidant found in lemon oil. When ingested, it reportedly boosts the immune system and supports the lymphatic system. The natural lemon fragrance energises both the mind and body.
- A drop on the skin helps create a balance in oil glands and keeps the production of oil to a minimum.
- Circulation and cellular waste elimination increases when lemon is gently massaged into cellulite.
- Corns, calluses and bunions can be soothed with the daily application of lemon oil.
- A few drops added to water is an excellent antioxidant.
- It can be used as a flavouring for foods.
Lemon oil is ideal for removing things like gum, oil and grease with just a couple of drops.
As the name suggests, this blend promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace and emotional wellbeing, helping to dampen tensions and uplift spirits. It may help you relax for a restful night’s sleep or your meditation session, and help children play together more harmoniously. It combines tangerine, ylang ylang, blue tansy, orange, and patchouli.
- For a peaceful sleep, massage a couple of drops into the bottom of your feet or on your shoulders just before you climb into bed
- Added to a carrier oil, it is ideal for a sensational relaxation massage.
- Soothe an agitated baby by adding 1-2 drops to a warm bath or to the bottom of their feet.
- Added to water in a spray bottle, lightly spray onto bed linen for a restful sleep.
- Added to a bath, a couple of drops will leave you relaxed and peaceful.
PanAway is a combination of wintergreen, clove, peppermint, and helichrysum and has been created to assist the body in dealing with pain and irritation, improved circulation and accelerated healing.
- Ideal for relieving stressed or cramping muscles.
- Add to a carrier oil for “growing pain” in both children and young adults.
- Rub into the bottom of the feet for a relaxing foot massage.
- You can ease stomach cramps and bloating by placing a hot towel over the abdomen and adding 3-4 drops of oil.
- When massaged into the soles of the feet, it works to balance the body’s energy.
- Stress and anxiety are relieved when applied to wrists, and replaced with courage and confidence.